The Art of Fish Cutting - Made simple!
Due to Covid 19, the NFFF is running a limited training schedule. For training enquiries please email email@example.com
The course will teach you the skills needed to obtain the best out of the species of fish that you are working with. This will then enable you to take these skills back into the business and make your business more profitable.
What you will learn:
- Show how the fish has been thawed correctly.
- Show how fish is stored awaiting use.
- Show equipment required e.g. types of cutting board and which are a good size etc types of knives available and again good ones to look for.
- Show how to prepare for the fish cutting e.g. sharpen knives, prepare cutting board etc.
- Show fish and explain the different species – how they differ and explain the sizes available.
- Cut the fish showing skills and techniques.
- Explain portion sizes and what can be done with left over bits.
- Weigh fish and show what can be obtained from one fillet that is being cut.
- Explain the costings and potentially what profit can be made.
- Offer advice on what suppliers to use and what grades to purchase etc.
Where you will learn:
- Zoom online live session
- 2-3 hours duration
Cost of this course:
- NFFF Members £80.00+VAT
- Non – NFFF Members £150.00+VAT