Potato Prep – Know your Spuds!
Due to Covid 19, the NFFF is running a limited training schedule. For training enquiries please email email@example.com
The course will teach you the skills needed to get the best out of a 25kg sack of potatoes. What to look for when choosing your supplier, variety and much more.
What you will learn:
- Explain both potatoes and pre prep- advantages and disadvantages of both.
- Show and explain equipment required for potatoes- chips from scratch.
- Explain the different potato varieties.
- Explain what to look for when preparing the potatoes – bruising, green potatoes etc.
- Show & explain the rumbling process – discuss over rumbling.
- Discuss thickness of chips and the reasons for the different thickness and which is the most popular.
- Portion control – use scoops & scales.
- Discuss preparation – using Drywite etc.
- Discuss frying temps and their importance.
- Fry products and show the difference between both potatoes and pre prep results.
- Cover profit and sales per sack of potatoes / pack of pre prep etc.
Where you will learn:
- Zoom online live session
- 1 - 2 hours duration
Cost of this course:
- NFFF Members £60.00+VAT
- Non NFFF Members - £95.00+VAT