Benefits to membership
Being part of the NFFF means you are entitled to a whole host of leading benefits and services.
Learn more about the benefits on offer to you below.
The benefits are:
Log into our members only area at www.NFFF.co.uk to see the latest exclusive offers:
- £50 off the NFFF Fish & Chip Quality Award
- £50 off every fish and chip nutrition test
- Discounts on NFFF training
- Discounts on NFFF products and services
- Save money with exclusive discounts and promotions for NFFF members from our Associate members – see the members area on our website for the latest offers and promotions
Get your voice heard! - by working together thousands of independent takeaways can achieve far more than the individual. The NFFF represents and protects the interests of the fish frier on a national level, promoting the fish and chip brand:
- Dealing with national and regional media enquiries
- Representation and response on Government consultations protecting the industry against impractical regulations now and in the future
- Representation and collaboration with industry bodies to protect and promote the interests of our members.
Don't sit on the fence - join us today!
Unbiased, impartial practical advice and support from industry experts – and the NFFF is fully insured so your business is protected.
- Business start-up - Thinking of buying a fish and chip shop? - we’re here to help
- Business issues - From perfect chips to business rates – we can advise and support you
- Business improvement - From product improvement to business expansion – we’ve got you covered.
- Practical advice and support for all issues fish and chip related
We’ll give you a confidential telephone line number for as much legal advice as you need from a qualified specialist 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The Legal Advice line covers any employment issue affecting your fish and chip business during your membership:
- Disputes with employees or ex-employees
- Dealing with discrimination
- Employer’s responsibilities
- Redundancy assistance
- Holiday pay
- Employment compensation awards
Any issue relating to UK and EU law affecting your fish and chip business during your membership:
- Property disputes
- Health and safety investigations
- Identity theft
- Motoring prosecutions
- Employees’ pension scheme - trustee duties and responsibilities
- Work related injury
Telephone helpline service in respect of any UK tax matter from a qualified specialist (weekdays service):
- An enquiry into members tax affairs or personal tax of directors by HMRC
- Formal enquiry into business tax
- Dispute relating to HMRC regulations
- VAT enquiry
If your business is affected by bad publicity:
- Crisis communication – professional PR support following an event that has attracted negative publicity to a member’s business
- Where an event has led to actual publicity online, in print or broadcast, that could damage a member’s business
Available 9.00am -5.00pm weekdays
- Telephone advice to help you to keep your personal identity secure
- Specialist caseworker to help you restore credit rating and correspond with involved parties
Confidential telephone helpline support and advice from a qualified counsellor
- Counselling – for you, your family, your employees
- Personal or work-related problems causing emotional upset, anxiety or worry
Follow the specialist advice and you have legal expenses protection:
- Employment disputes, compensation awards, restrictive covenants
- Tax disputes
- Legal defense for criminal investigation relating to business
- Compliance and regulation
- Statutory license appeals
- Loss of earnings
- Personal injury
- HMRC enquiry into personal tax affairs
- Motoring prosecution (including personal mileage)
- Business partnership disputes
- Crisis communication
All legal expenses claims are subject to terms and conditions and only cover events that occur during the term of the membership and relate to a member’s fish and chip business.
From employment contracts and staff handbooks to partnership agreements. Dip in and out of this online service as much as you need, anytime of the day or night
- Employment – application forms, contracts, staff handbook
- Health & Safety policy documents
- Property disputes
- Debt collection
Your industry magazine produced by fish friers, for fish friers – the industry’s favourite journal since 1925. Eight issues across the year packed full of stories from across the fish and chip industry.
- Members experiences shared
- Industry news updates
- Commodity prices
- Training updates
- Competitions and promotions
Sign up to our membership update email alerts
- Legislation and regulatory updates
- New products and service launches
- New membership discount offers and promotions
become a member today
Don’t miss out on the benefits of NFFF membership – join today!
Why miss out on exclusive benefits which can help and support your business. The NFFF membership scheme is set up to both protect and promote you.
so many benefits to being an
Arron Cole, Saltys Fish and Chips