Lesley Graves joins the NFFF Board of Directors
Article Date: 2016-09-29
The National Federation of Fish Friers (NFFF) are delighted to announce Lesley Graves co-owner Burton Road Chippy has been elected to the Board of Officials as a Regional Director of England at the recent NFFF AGM at the Celtic Manor Resort.
Lesley has been in the fish and chip industry for over 30 years and has run and opened several fish and chips shops in and around Lincoln. Lesley has seen many changes to the industry over the years and will provide valuable insight to the industry. Lesley is active on social media which has helped her develop key contact within the media and has resulted in many TV, radio and press coverage.
Burton Road Chippy has achieved numerous award over the years including,
- Winner of the Independent Restaurant, National Fish and Chip Awards 2015
- Winner of the Eastern England region Independent Takeaway, National Fish and Chip Awards 2015
- Winners of the Staff Training & Development, National Fish and Chip Awards 2015
- Winners of the NFFF Quality Award Champions Award, National Fish and Chip Award 2016
- Winners of the Marketing Innovation Award, National Fish and Chip Awards 2016
- First MSC certified shop in Lincolnshire.
The NFFF Board confirm the following updates to the board of directors.
- Gregg Howard will remain as the NFFF President.
- Andrew Crook has been elected to NFFF Vice President to take the place of Stuart Atkinson former NFFF Vice President who will take the place of NFFF Treasurer following his successful election. The NFFF Treasurer role was previously held by Andrew Crook.
- The elected officials for the NFFF Regional Directors of England will now be Mr Craig Buckley – The Fish Bar, Craig Maw – Kingfisher Fish & Chips, Mr John Wild – Tarnbrook Chippy and Miss Lesley Graves – Burton Road Chippy.
- Mr Hugh Mantle was not elected to a position on the Board, but has since been co-opted back on to the Board of Directors in order to retain the key skills Hugh can provide to the NFFF as a whole.
- Former NFFF Regional Director Mike Smith didn’t wish to stand for election and the NFFF Board of Directors would like to thank Mike for the work he has provide to the industry and the federation.
- Mr Alan Hanna was re-elected for NFFF Regional Director of Northern Ireland.
- Mr John Penaluna was re-elected for NFFF Regional Director of Wales
- Mr Stuart Atkinson was re-elected for NFFF Regional Director of Scotland.