National Fish and Chip Day ... the final checklist!
Article Date: 2018-05-25
With the biggest celebration of the nation’s favourite dish, National Fish and Chip Day, fast approaching we have produced this handy checklist to help you get the most from the day in your shop.
1) Download out Campaign Toolkit here - neoda.org.uk/fishandchipday - it’s packed full of ideas, information and guidance on how to make this National Fish and Chip Day your best ever
2) Start telling the world you are celebrating National Fish and Chip Day. You can print off posters to put up in your shop at neoda.org.uk/fishandchipday and download Facebook and Twitter headers and cover pictures that say We’re Celebrating with the logo and date. They are all the correct size making it quick and easy to update your Facebook and Twitter pages now in readiness for the big day
3) Follow National Fish and Chip Day on Twitter and Facebook and we will follow you back and ‘like’ and ‘share’ your posts giving you extra exposure. We will also be running competitions in the lead up to the day for you and your customers to win some smart, branded merchandise so keep an eye on what we are doing and join in the buzz.
4) Start building excitement on your own Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages – run your own competitions – photo competitions work well – you could encourage your customers to take a photo of their fish and chips from your shop, post them on your Facebook page and Twitter stream tagging you in and using the #nationalfishandchipday hashtag for a chance to win a prize of your choosing.
5) Start thinking of promotional ideas you can run in your shop – you know what your customers would like the most, and what you are comfortable offering but here are some ideas:
- ‘Buy One, Get One Free’ on the day
- Free Side with every portion of fish and chips bought on National Fish and Chip Day
- A competition in the shop for the whole week so everyone who buys fish and chips during the week gets a raffle ticket with the winning ticket being drawn on National Fish and Chip Day – you can decide on the prize
- A guess the number of gherkins in the jar competition could run all week with the winner being announced on National Fish and Chip Day – again, you can decide on the prize you want to award.
6) The week before National Fish and Chip Day, tell your local press what you are doing to celebrate – there is a press release template in the Campaign Toolkit – download this, fill in the blanks and why not deliver it to your local newspaper and radio offices with a free portion of fish and chips for maximum impact
7) On the day, decorate your shop with red, white and blue balloons or union flag bunting (available on eBay and Amazon) – you’ll be amazed at how much attention this this, and the posters you have downloaded and printed will get from passing trade
Most importantly thought, have fun! The nation will be talking about Fish and Chips all day long, and we want you to benefit from this wonderful celebration of this family favourite!
National Fish and Chip Day brought to you by