Emergency First Aid at Work Course - 9th or 10th March 2020
Article Date: 2020-02-03
The NFFF are pleased to announce that they are able to offer a 1 Day Emergency First Aid at Work course.
The course will commence at 9am and conclude at 4pm at the NFFF Training Academy, Leeds. The date you choose is entirely up to you as the course is a 1 day course only and we are able to offer either of the following dates:
Monday 9th - Fully Booked
Tuesday 10th March - Limited spaces remain
The course will cover the following content.
Start Time - 9am
End Time - 4pm (approx.)
Course Title - 1 Day Emergency First Aid @ Work
The 1 day course is designed to offer a good basic knowledge of first aid and provide necessary lifesaving skills. It's ideally suited for employees who are given the role of Emergency First Aider at work, it gives you a good working knowledge of emergency first aid and the confidence to use it. This course is also perfect for lone workers and individuals or employees from smaller low risk operators.
The topics covered on the course include:
- Primary Care (CPR) skills taught in this course:
- Maintaining first aid kits
- Scene Assessment
- Barrier Use
- Primary Assessment
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Serious Bleeding Management
- Shock Management
- Minor Injuries
- Conscious and Unconscious Choking Management.
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Use
Secondary Skills taught in this course:
- Injury Assessment
- Illness Assessment
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand the role of the first-aider including reference to: the importance of preventing cross infection, and the use of available equipment
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Provide first aid to a casualty who is unconscious
- Provide CPR cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Provide first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Provide first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- Provide first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds).
- Provide first aid using a defibrillator
Who is this course for?
It's ideally suited for employees who are given the role of ‘Emergency First Aider at work’, it gives you a good working knowledge of emergency first aid and the confidence to use it. This course is also perfect for lone workers and individuals or employees from smaller low risk operators.
Once a person completes the course a Certificate will be issued directly from the First Aid Provider.
The cost of the course for NFFF members is £70.00 plus VAT (£84.00 including VAT) per person
Non – Members £75.00 plus vat (£90.00 including VAT) per person
We have a maximum of 12 places per course and recommend that you book as soon as possible as these courses are usually in high demand due to the highly competitive cost. Full payment is required at the time of booking and is non-refundable.
We are able to accept Credit/Debit card payments over the telephone.
For further information please contact Helen on firstname.lastname@example.org or simply call 0113 230 7044.