Are you meeting demand for gluten free fish and chips?
Article Date: 2019-07-04
People with coeliac disease can travel miles for safe gluten free fish and chips and Coeliac UK’s GF Accreditation symbol can help highlight that your fish and chips are exactly what they are looking for.
The scheme continues to help over 3300 venues across the UK confidently cater gluten free and promote their GF business. Businesses large and small have seen an uplift in business and great PR and customer satisfaction.
Lorraine Arnold from the recently accredited Paignton Pier Chippy says, “Gaining the GF Accreditation has done wonders for our business. Customers are coming from far and wide and I’m receiving wonderful feedback for our great service and GF food as well as getting a great response on social media too!”
GF Accreditation gives you many benefits along with support and advice from the experts on gluten free. Once accredited, your business will be promoted to our gluten free community via a range of communication channels:
- Accreditation announced via our monthly e-newsletter (goes to 40,000+ members) and via our social media channels on Facebook and Twitter (100,000+ followers)
- Listed as an accredited partner on our trusted website
- A priority listing of your business on our Venue Guide (online eating out database for our Members)
- Inclusion of your business on our mobile App
You will also receive a free login to our online training and be able to use our trusted GF symbol on your menus, signs and other marketing materials, along with some free window stickers, to advertise to your customers that you can safely cater for their gluten free needs.
Catch Fish and Chips, Ashford, received some great feedback following on from their recent accreditation, “What a super place to get your Gluten Free Fish and Chips every Wed and Sat! Yes a Saturday! Kevin, the Manager, has undertaken Coeliac UK training and gained a Coeliac UK Accreditation. They also cook GF sausages and have GF Mushy Peas. Well done to all the staff! Thank you.”
Becoming GF Accredited is not as difficult as you might think and we are here to guide you through the process step-by-step.
Sarah Lock at Harbourside says, “At Harbourside we have really benefited from becoming GF accredited. The process is very straightforward and if you have any questions Coeliac UK are always on hand to assist you. We have also had some very positive feedback from our coeliac customers who often look out for accredited shops so they can buy food with confidence.”
If you’re not sure that you’re ready for accreditation, how about taking Coeliac UK’s Gluten Free Online Training Course that covers all the key aspects on how to safely cater gluten free? We are offering NFFF members a huge discount of 30% off our online training! Just use code “GFNFFF2019” at checkout before 31st July to receive your discount and become a gluten free catering expert in no time. Register for your training at www.glutenfreetraining.org.
For more information about our GF Accreditation scheme, online training or for a copy of our free Fish and Chip Guidance, to help get you on the right track, please contact email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!
A recent survey with Coeliac UK Members showed:
- 69% would choose a GF accredited venue over one that hasn’t been accredited
- 81% are more likely to revisit an accredited venue
- 62% said that they trust the GF accreditation symbol more than ‘gluten free’ written on menus
- 86% would like to see all venues with gluten free options to be accredited by Coeliac UK
- 80% said that their need for gluten free food determines where they dine out with friends and family.